The following documents have been produced by the GFMAM for free distribution and not for resale. Use of content from these documents is encouraged as long as it is properly credited to the GFMAM.
Asset Management Landscape
The Asset Management Landscape is a tool designed for the member societies as a tool for their own use to promote a common global approach to Asset Management. It includes a number of conceptual models, a list of 39 Asset Management Subjects and Principles and a framework for describing best practices, maturity and standards. Two important purposes for the GFMAM Asset Management Landscape are to provide:
- the structure for building a body of knowledge and qualifications in asset management,
- the structure (and potentially the criteria) for assessing an organization.
Panorama de la gestion d'actifs
Le Panorama de la gestion d'actifs est une initiative du GFMAM axée sur son troisième objectif à long terme, à savoir, « faciliter l’échange et l’harmonisation des connaissances et des savoir-faire en matière de maintenance et de gestion d'actifs. »
Les divers éléments couverts par la seconde édition du Panorama de la gestion d'actifs du GFMAM, sont :
- fournir un aperçu général de cette nouvelle discipline, « la gestion d'actifs »
- fournir une structure permettant de constituer un corpus de savoirs destiné aux systèmes de certification et de qualification en gestion d'actifs
- proposer un moyen de comparer et de confronter différents systèmes de certification et qualification
- fournir une structure (et peut-être les critères) permettant d’évaluer la maturité d’un organisme en termes de gestion d'actifs
- donner les informations sur les besoins de connaissances en gestion d'actifs pour les auditeurs (internes / externes) de l’ISO 55000
- comparer les produits et services émanant des différents membres du GFMAM en relation avec les 39 thèmes retenus, ci-après au § 6, pour décrire cette discipline.
الهيكل العام لإدارة الأصول
Auditor Assessor Specification for an ISO 55001 Asset Management System Auditor/Assessor
This document recommends baseline requirements for the Asset Management knowledge and understanding that an ISO assessor or auditor should have. GFMAM members will be recommending to asset owners that they apply55001 this specification for internal assessors and require any external auditors to provide demonstrable evidence of this knowledge and understanding.
Asset Management Maturity
With the publication of the ISO 55000 series of standards, the Global Forum on Maintenance and Asset Management (GFMAM)recognised that the accelerating interest in Asset Managementwould benefit from more guidance on Asset Management maturity. This position statement defines the key principles of Asset Management maturity.
What is the value?
Alignment with ISO 55001 for many organisations will not realise the full value to stakeholders. There is a substantial and growing body of evidence that there are significant benefits to organisations that develop their maturity in Asset Management beyond compliance. The GFMAM has a separate project that is developing the evidence around the value delivered by organisations to their stakeholders through increased Asset Management maturity.
The Maintenance Framework - Second Edition - English
The purpose of the Maintenance Framework is to develop and promote a common understanding of the role and value of maintenance, and how it contributes to the delivery of business outcomes. Going into more detail than, and beyond the subject of Maintenance Delivery from the Asset Management Landscape, the Maintenance Framework provides information on:
- The discipline of maintenance and its management, including its role in asset management at all stages of asset life;
- Maintenance principles, subjects, and terminology; and
- Relevant international standards.
The Maintenance Framework also establishes the foundation for competencies in maintenance and its management, and the ability to benchmark maintenance practices.
This second edition, which expands in detail and clarity in several areas, represents the Global Forum’s commitment to continuous improvement for its members and the global maintenance and asset management community.
The Value of Asset Management
The project is well under way with a major achievement being the development of a Value Model as a conceptual model of value creation from asset management. The Value Model and the definitions of concepts were thoroughly discussed, reviewed and improved by the project group, other members of GFMAM and of the member societies. The main content of the project document are finalized, but still open for further review for quality improvements.
The Value of Asset Management - Template for Assessment of Opportunities
The purpose of this document is to provide a template for evaluation of new asset management opportunities with focus on the potential for realization of value to the organization.
The template for application is an integral part of GFMAM project ‘The Value of Asset Management to the Organization’. Information on background, project scope, definitions and methodology refers to this document.
The Value of Asset Management - Template for Case Studies
The purpose of this document is to provide a template for case studies to illustrate the actual realization of value for organizations who have accomplished asset management implementations.
The template for case studies is an integral part of GFMAM project ‘The Value of Asset Management to the Organization’. Information on background, project scope, definitions and methodology refers to this document.